We train volunteers in restorative justice and conflict resolution practices. It facilitates community action to deal with conflict and crime in a restorative and inclusive fashion. When the community is actively involved in the justice process, its members no longer feel powerless against crime and they take ownership for the quality of life in the community.
The center fosters a committed and interconnected community and seeks to affirm that we are all responsible for creating a safe, strong and harmonious community.
- Make Orleans county safer and stronger
- Reduce crime and recidivism
- Save taxpayers' money
- Become better informed about important social issues
- Learn new skills
- Have opportunities to resolve conflicts
- Foster mutual respect in their community
- Build a better community
Volunteers play an essential role in all of our programs:
- Victim Services
- Neighbor-to-Neighbor Mediation
- Pre-Charge Program
- Reparative Board Probation
- Prisoner Re-entry Program
- Community Advisory Board
- Community Service Project
Contact the Justice Center to learn more about these programs.
Your help is essential for building a flourishing community.